1. Privacy Philosophy Hadassah International believes that electronic privacy is crucial to the ongoing success of the Internet as a service, and as a commercial, and entertainment medium, and therefore uses its reasonable efforts to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. The personal information that is collected through the main Hadassah International website and the satellite websites for Hadassah International affiliates is collected in the United States. Information may be shared between Hadassah International and its affiliates. The personal information we receive from our website is used solely for our own business purposes, such as for processing your registration materials, providing you with information about Hadassah International, for soliciting donations from you, for processing your online donations, and as may otherwise be directed by you. Hadassah International does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. Hadassah International does not disclose information about your individual visits to our Website, or personal information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card number, etc., to any outside parties except as directed by you or when we believe, in good faith, (i) that the law requires it, (ii) that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights and property of Hadassah International, its affiliates, our members or others, (iii) that your actions on our Website violate the Terms and Conditions stated herein, (iv) that we need to send the information to companies or individuals who work on behalf of Hadassah International and/or its affiliates to provide a product or service to you or to Hadassah International and (v) that is necessary for Hadassah International’s and/or its affiliates’ business purposes.
2. Collection of Personal Information In the following circumstances we will ask you to provide us with certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form: – Registering for conferences, programs and activities – Making an online donation or requesting information about making a donation – Requesting information about Hadassah International – Requesting to be added to Hadassah International’s mailing lists We may also ask you for information under other circumstances. It is completely optional for you to provide this information to us. By providing this information to us, you consent to the use of the information by Hadassah International and/or its affiliates as described in this privacy statement
3. Is Credit Card Information Secure? We care about the safety and security of your transaction. We use high grade encryption and the https security protocol to communicate with your browser software. This method is a commonly used security protocol, which makes it difficult for anyone else to intercept the credit card information you send to us. Hadassah International has implemented reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, Hadassah International cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
5. Your Consent By accessing and using our Website, you consent to the collection and use of information by Hadassah International as described in this privacy statement. If we decide to change our privacy statement, we will post these changes on this web page. You should visit this page periodically to review the privacy statement.
6. Updating Your Personal Information You have the right to access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by contacting us at the address below. Please include your name, address, and/or e-mail address when you contact us. Hadassah International also provides you the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from the organization. Please indicate the mailing list or service from which you would like to have your name removed. You may update your personal information by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by writing to Hadassah International at: Hadassah International 40 Wall Street New York, NY 10005
7. Use of IP Address Among other things, Hadassah International uses your computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address to: – Help diagnose problems with our server – Administer our Website Your IP address is used to help identify you and your time spent at our Website, and to gather broad demographic information. This allows us to see which parts of our Website users are visiting. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means, for instance, that a user’s session will be tracked, but the user will remain anonymous.
8. Links to other websites Please also note that we have links on our site to other websites and that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which Hadassah International has no responsibility. These sites may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices or policies of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of all such websites as their statement may be materially different from Hadassah International’s privacy statement.
9. Transmission and Posting of Information Please remember that if you transmit or post any information in any public areas of this Website (e.g., Chat Rooms), such information may be collected and used by others over whom Hadassah International has no control. Hadassah International is not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you transmit, post or otherwise make available in public areas of this Website.
10. Children This Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. Hadassah International does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.